Organic Castor Oil
Extraction Method: Cold press from organic castor seeds
Aroma: Clean, fresh
Castor oil has a tradition of healing dating from antiquity and was known as “The Hands of Christ.” The first documented text mentioning castor seed oil is in the Ebers Papyrus, Egypt’s medicinal scroll in 1550 BCE.
Cold Pressed organic Castor oil contains 90% Ricinoleic acid. Ricinoleic acid exerts many of the anti-inflammatory effects associated with Castor oil. Undecylenic Acid is also prevalent in Castor oil and is what gives the oil it’s antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiviral attributes. Another unique attribute of cold pressed castor oil is its ability to easily penetrate deep into the skin. This is due to its molecular mass, which is low enough to enter into the stratum corneum. For this reason, Castor oil is helpful for joint and arthritic conditions.
- Castor oil has natural anti-inflammatory properties and has been used to soothe arthritis pain, joint swelling, and muscle strain.
- The high amounts of unique fatty acid Ricinoleic acid (90%) in the oil has been credited for its healing ability by decreasing inflammation and increasing circulation in the body.
- Cold pressed Castor oil has the ability to easily penetrate the skin. This is due to the molecular mass, which is low enough to enter into the Stratum Corneum.
- Because of Castor oils ability to penetrate the Stratum Corneum, it’s an effective pain reliever for an arthritic condition.
- Acts effectively as an analgesic.
- Castor oil increases circulation and stimulates the lymphatic system to mobilize toxin aiding in detoxification of muscles, joint, and arthritis.
Additional benefits and uses:
Castor oil has incredible therapeutic benefits. It has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, and analgesic properties. Castor oil aids in digestion, easing inflammation of the gut when applied to the abdomen and liver. Castor oil also makes a good binding agent and lubricant. It is an efficacious emollient and helps skin retain its moisture. It can even be used as an intensive moisturizing treatment for hair.
DISCLAIMER – The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.