German Chamomile Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from organic chamomile flowers
Aroma: Strong, sweet, herbaceous
With its therapeutic tradition of tension and pain-relief, Chamomile is one of the most versatile medicinal herbs known to mankind. The dried chamomile flowers have numerous health benefits due to their high level of disease-fighting terpenoids, and flavonoids. The first thing one notices with German chamomile is its striking blue hue. This appearance is the result of the antioxidant and an aromatic chemical compound chamazulene. This gentle floral and herbal oil not only brightens the olfactory senses it offers vital antioxidants that are found in the plant’s potent oils and are the main contributors to its natural healing properties.
- Chamomile’s widespread health associations thanks to their high level of disease-fighting antioxidants like terpenoids and flavonoids.
- The main antioxidant components in Chamomile essential oil are terpenoids, chamazulene, flavonoids, and sesquiterpenes. These compounds maintain anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties.
- These essential compounds lower inflammation by fight free radical damage.
- Chamomiles potent antioxidants are a natural arthritis treatment and rheumatic pain reliever.
- Antispasmodic, Chamomile calms and reduces muscle spasms.
- Chamomile essential oil is capable of penetrating below the surface of the skin to relieve tension and calm inflammation.
- Chamomile has the potential to alleviate muscle spasms and menstrual cramps.
Added benefits and uses:
The white and yellow Matricaria recutita flowers create a strong, fruity, sweet, herbaceous essential oil. In addition to helping reduce pain and inflammation, German Chamomile essential oil is an exceptional choice when looking to boost overall skin health and assists in helping with wound management and support for healing scars. This essential oil is helpful in reducing the presence of unwelcome bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
DISCLAIMER - The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.