Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam distilled from the Bar
Aroma: Spicy, Sweet, Woodsy
Pungent, aromatic and warming, cinnamon nourishes and restores the body's own ability to generate a healing response. Applied topically cinnamon oil assists in restoring ease and comfort to tired, fatigued or overworked bodies.
Historically, Cinnamon Bark was used as a clarifying incense in religious worship throughout Egypt, Asia, Europe, and Africa. Also highly valued by ancient Egyptians and has been used by Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine healers in Asia for thousands of years for its many medicinal attributes. Native to Sir Lanka, where it is procured from a tropical, evergreen tree that grows up to 40 feet high. The Cinnamomum zeylanicum has intensely fragrant bark, leaves, and flowers. Cinnamon Bark (Ceylon) oil is extracted from the bark, expelling a rare and precious oil of nonpareil quality that is known for its restoring properties and for containing the highest therapeutic content of any cinnamon on earth.
- Strongly antiviral and powerful. Cinnamon Bark is a pain-relieving topical ingredient to warm skin and underlying muscles by increasing the surface blood circulation.
- The aroma, flavor and warming effects of cinnamon derive from its essential oil and principal component, cinnamaldehyde.
- Cinnamaldehyde, cinnamic acid, and cinnamate are three of the most fundamental oils in this fragrant spice, which has an impressively wide range of capabilities, including; anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, anticancer.
- Cinnamon is an excellent source of manganese and fiber, plus an impressive source of calcium.
- Cinnamon is a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory compounds that may help relieve pain, and stiffness of muscles and joints.
Additional benefits and uses:
The warm, comforting aroma of cinnamon bark essential oil is perfect for use in diffuser blends as it helps reduce the presence of unwanted bacterial, fungal, and viral activity. Also, an impressive addition to DIY cleaning blends, as it is so powerful and purifying try blending cinnamon bark essential oil with lemon for an incredibly beneficial air-purifying diffuser blend. Cinnamon bark essential oil is also a lovely oil to use when looking to support a healthy immune system.
DISCLAIMER - The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.