Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum Angustifolium H. Italicum
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from flower and leaves
Aroma: Herbaceous, Rosy, Sweet
Origin: Wildcrafted in Eastern Europe
Very few oils can claim such a broad spectrum of effective therapeutic use. Helichrysum italicum contains high levels of neryl acetate, the compound responsible, along with its synergistic constituents, for unmatched support in tissue rebuilding and promoting a healthy inflammatory response.
Helichrysum also called the Everlasting Flower, or Immortelle, is a member of the daisy/sunflower family, Native to the Mediterranean and North Africa, Helichrysum naturally grows wild in the dry, rocky grounds of the Mediterranean where the climate and fertile land effectively cultivate the Helichrysum flowers. This rare and wildcrafted flower extracts a fresh, warm, herbaceous essential oil that has a cool soothing feel as it heals and regenerates.
- Helichrysum offers high amounts of unique compounds, called “beta-diones” or “italidiones” (di-ketones), these compounds are rarely found in nature, and are linked to a number of its unique healing properties, physically as well as spiritually.
- This medicinal plant is valued for its impressive antibiotic, antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Helichrysums anti-inflammatory properties help soothe and calm muscle spasms and aches, relieving pain associated with stiff joints and rheumatism related ailments.
- The muscle-relaxant, spasmolytic properties of the neryl-acetate in Helichrysum supports treatments of painful muscle-contraction.
- The anti-inflammatory properties in helichrysum are responsible for increasing circulation while decreasing swelling, which allows muscle tissue and joints to heal.
- With the biochemical effects of a compound, called curcumene, Helichrysum acts as an antiseptic agent and is capable of reducing inflammation.
- Helichrysum is highly aromatic helps to relax muscles and induce energizing action.
- Helichrysum oil assist with circulatory ailments such as varicose veins, bruises, and broken capillaries.
Additional benefits and uses:
The yellow flowering tops of the Helichrysum italicum plant, create a warm, herbaceous, rosy, fruity, sweet essential oil. In addition to helping ease unwanted muscle pain, Helichrysum has an impressive list of traditional applications, many of which are supported by scientific research — including its use for digestive ailments, heart health, viruses, inflammatory conditions like hemorrhoids and kidney stones. This essential oil is also profoundly skin nourishing and rejuvenating; as a skin tonic it stimulates the production of new cells and encouraging optimal healing. It assists with circulatory ailments such as varicose veins, bruises, and broken capillaries. Often, helichrysum italicum essential oil is used to help reduce the presence of unwelcome bacterial, fungal, or viral activity.
DISCLAIMER - The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.