Lavender Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from fresh flowers
Aroma: Floral, Fresh, Herbaceous
By far one of the most popular and versatile essential oils, lavender essential oil is a powerhouse of healing properties and is effective for reducing stress, relieving pain, improving blood circulation, and providing relaxation.Used for centuries, as early as ancient Egypt for mummification, and cleansing baths during the Roman civilization, lavender oil is as popular today as it was over 2000+ years ago. Lavender oil has been used both cosmetically and therapeutically for centuries.
Lavender oil comes from lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), an evergreen shrub that produces beautiful, scented flowers above green or silvery-gray foliage. The plant is native to northern Africa and the mountainous Mediterranean regions, and it thrives best in sunny, stony habitats. Today, it grows throughout southern Europe, the United States, and Australia.
- Centuries old and modern aromatherapy texts support lavender’s use as a powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, antimicrobial, sedative, calming and anti-depressive properties.
- Lavender essential oil is a natural antioxidant that works to prevent or reverse disease.
- The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties in Lavender oil are effective for treating pains arising out of muscle stress and tension.
- Lavender oil will also ease swelling and improve blood circulation.
- Lavender oil induces the calming response of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Mildly sedates the body, and encourages sleep.
Additional benefits and uses:
The intoxicating flowers of the Lavandula angustifolia plant create a floral, slightly fruity essential oil that is one of the more globally loved oils in aromatherapy. It is profoundly calming and balancing to every aspect of the system encompassing body, mind, and spirit. Lavender essential oil is also useful to help purify, and encourage skin healing. It is a promising choice for promoting overall skin health and radiance. Lavender is also known to have insect repellent properties, and Its soothing effects can even help with bug bites and stings.
DISCLAIMER – The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.