Myrrh Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation from the resin of the Commiphora Tree
Aroma: Woody, Smoky, Resinous and Herbaceous
An ancient healer and remedy for a multitude of illnesses and symptoms, Myrrh Essential Oil derives from the oleoresin of a small Commiphora myrrha tree that's native to the Horn of Africa.
The Myrrh plant is a small shrub that produces a resin that exudes from incisions made in the trunk of the tree. The natural pale-brown resin is allowed to harden into reddish-brown tears, known as Myrrh. The Myrrh is put through a steam distillation process to extract Myrrh essential oil. Uplifting and calming this essential oil has two primary active compounds, called terpenoids and sesquiterpenes, both of which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to alleviate unwanted muscle and joint pain.
Medicinal blends assets:
- Myrrh is a potent antioxidant that effectively reduces pain associated with arthritic joints.
- The two active compounds, called terpenoids and sesquiterpenes, both of which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Myrrh essential oil reduces inflammation, stimulates the immune system and alleviates pain.
- A warming oil that can help improve circulation and lower symptoms of joint pain or muscle pain related to conditions like arthritis.
- Myrrh is antifungal and antibacterial and helps to reduce inflammation and swelling.
- The subtle rich scent serves to sedate and calm to help ease stress and anxiety.
Added benefits and uses:
The rich resin of the thorny Commiphora myrrha tree, with knotted boughs and delicate white flowers, creates a resinous, balsamic, slightly spicy essential oil. Along with its deep skin healing properties, myrrh essential oil is also helpful in helping to promote healthy lung activity. The antimicrobial properties help to keep wounds free of infection, while the subtle rich scent serves to sedate and calm to help ease stress and anxiety. It has a centering, visualizing and meditative effect.
DISCLAIMER - The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.