Peppermint Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from the leaves
Aroma: Strong, sharp, minty
The cool, stimulating, sensation of pure Peppermint Essential Oil helps ease achy muscles and joints. This versatile essential oil has been used for centuries to reduce fatigue, uplift the mind and as a digestive aid. Indigenous to Europe and the Middle East, Peppermint is a hybrid of water mint and spearmint. Peppermint has become popular for its essential oil due to its fresh, invigorating fragrance, its balancing and relaxing effects on the mind, and as an anti-spasmodic and momentary painkiller.
Medicinal blends assets:
- Menthol a powerful therapeutic compound is the main chemical component of Peppermint essential oil (50-60 percent), it provides a calming and numbing effect when used topically.
- Peppermint essential oil is an effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant.
- Stimulating and invigorating, Peppermint is a specially useful oil in case of
mental or physical fatigue.
- The anti-inflammatory properties in Peppermint essential oil reduce the physical discomfort of pain as it actively works to heal inflammation.
- The presence of calcium antagonism in peppermint oil helps reduce pain from affected areas.
- Peppermint oil contains numerous minerals and nutrients including folate, manganese, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and copper.
- It also contains omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
Added benefits and uses:
The fresh Mentha x piperita leaves create a strong, herbaceous, minty essential oil that is perfect for a healthy digestive system and to help ease nausea. This essential oil is also respected for its many therapeutic properties and is helpful when looking to reduce unwanted bacteria and viruses, headache, reduce mental fatigue, increase alertness, and relieve itching. It is also a popular choice for clearing the respiratory system and can even help with allergy relief.
DISCLAIMER – The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.