Sweet Basil Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam distillation from organic leaves
Aroma: Fresh, light, anise
The delicate, wonderfully aromatic Ocimum basilicum L. (sweet basil) belongs to the Lamiaceae or mint plant family, which includes about 200 species of several basil botanical varieties grown around the world. The basil leaves create a sweet, herbaceous, anise-like essential oil that, along with helping to ease unwanted muscle spasms, basil essential oil is helpful for reducing minor pain and inflammation.
At Medicinal Blends' we source our organic Sweet Basil oil from India, where is considered the"Queen of Herbs" and is also known by the name, Tulsi. This potent oil is offers rich compounds that support many beneficial properties, foremost, it is calming in nature and a natural relaxant oil, that helps ease discomforts and tension for sore muscles and joints.
Medicinal blends assets:
- Basil’s powerful essential oils contain eugenol, citronellol, and linalool. These enzyme-inhibiting oils help lower inflammation.
- Basil essential oil is a warming oil that stimulates circulation to relieve inflammation.
- Basil’s anti-inflammatory properties are useful as a natural muscle relaxer and provide relief to tense, aching, fatigued muscles.
- When applied topically Basil’s analgesic properties calm body aches and pains.
- The compound linalool in Basil oil is a substance shown to reduce stress and calm nerves.
- This oil also acts as a powerful cooling agent for the skin and can bring a sense of relief when you need it most.
Added benefits and uses:
Along with helping to ease muscle pain, Sweet Basil essential oil helps reduce the presence of unwelcome bacteria or fungal growth, such as candida. Basil essential oil also offers energetic protection. This essential oil is incredibly uplifting and often increases mental clarity. Try using basil essential oil to help ease a headache caused by stress and muscle tension.
DISCLAIMER - The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.