Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation from organic herb
Aroma: Camphoraceous, warm, balsamic
Sweet Marjoram is a perennial herb that has been used extensively for its medicinal and emotional attributes for thousands of years. The ancient Greeks recognized it for its ability to help with seizures, swelling and was known as a symbol of happiness. It’s also believed to promote the feeling of love and honor and was used in weddings as a bridal crown. The whole herb was and is used today extensively for healing, body pain, and headache relief, and as a digestive aid. The warming effects of Sweet Marjoram Essential oil promote blood flow, making this essential oil a valuable addition to Medicinal Blends fight against muscle discomfort.
- Sweet Marjoram is an analgesic, meaning it helps alleviate pain related to inflammation.
- Antispasmodic, it helps ease all types of spasms, from respiratory spasms to muscular contractions.
- Marjoram oil has a warming effect on the body, and it improves circulation to increase the blood flow, while simultaneously relieving the pain of arthritis and rheumatism.
- This essential oil can also help reduce spasms and relax tension in muscles, in addition to tension headaches.
- Marjoram oil induces a calming, relaxing, and sedative effect on both the mind and body while relieving nervous stress and anxiety.
- Speeds-up healing, Marjoram essential oil acts as a vulnerary by promoting the quick healing of wounds and protecting them from infections.
Added benefits and uses:
The green aromatic flowers and leaves of the Origanum marjorana herb create a warm, camphor-like, herbaceous, spicy, woodsy essential oil.
The Greek love goddess Aphrodite declared the scent of Sweet Marjoram to be an omen of blessings to come. She was right: in a modern world where overstimulation is the norm, keeping nervous and immune systems balanced is, indeed, a benefit. Sweet Marjoram not only fortifies the nerves and immune functions its also valued for its supportiveness to the heart and circulatory system and in reducing the presence of unwanted bacteria, fungus, and viruses. It is also great to use when needing support during a minor allergic reaction.
DISCLAIMER – The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.