Extraction Method: Steam distillation from organic turmeric root
Aroma: Fresh, woody, spicy
For several thousand years turmeric has been valued for its many health-promoting benefits as a potent medicinal herb and a spice. Practiced by alternative medicinal therapies in India and China, turmeric is recognized as one of the most complete and powerful herbal medicines in Ayurvedic treatments. Today, recent studies support what people in India and Asia have known for centuries, that turmeric does, include active compounds making it one of the most potent healing herbs on the planet.
This “super herb” offers many phytochemicals with incredible health-promoting benefits. The compound curcumin being the most active ingredient, a potent antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory, curcumin allows turmeric oil to alleviate inflammation associated with arthritis, joint pain, muscle aches, and inflammation.
Medicinal blends assets:
Used in the India and parts of Asia for thousands of years, turmeric, from the Zingiberaceae plant family, (the same family as ginger), has been used as a spice and a medicinal herb for centuries.
- Turmeric, due to the presence of curcumin, acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory that can combat inflammation at the molecular level.
- Curcumin blocks the molecule NF-kB responsible for activating genes in cells nuclei that trigger inflammation.
- Free radicals can harm healthy cells and tissues of our body producing oxidative impairment. Curcumin which is a rich source of antioxidant combats free radicals by obstructing them using the power of its chemical composition.
- Tumeric oil is often used to help to manage rheumatism and warm cold, painful joints.
- The health benefits of turmeric and curcumin include the ability to reduce inflammation, heal wounds, improve skin health, protect cognitive ability.
- One of the most nutritionally rich herbs available.
The vivid orange rhizomes of the Curcuma longa plant create a warm, earthy, spicy, essential oil. Along with being an exceptional anti-inflammatory and analgesic powerhouse, turmeric essential oil many fantastic health benefits including the ability to decrease inflammation, treat wounds, promote skin health, protect cognitive abilities, relieve menstrual difficulties, support the digestive system and can help reduce fluid retention. It may also help with detoxifying the body, boosting the immune system, and reducing allergic responses. Turmeric also helps eliminate depression, slow down aging, and prevent cancer.
Emotionally and energetically, turmeric essential oil stabilizes and balances. It can bring comfort to the nervous system, especially when one is dealing with situational anxiety or depression. Turmeric essential oil warms the heart and attracts positive energy.
DISCLAIMER – The information presented on our website, in our product brochure, and marketing communications is for educational purposes only. The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. Medicinal Blends products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult a doctor or healthcare professional if you have a severe medical condition or concerns.